While these tips will help you to winterize your house, if you have a plumbing emergency call on AAA AUGER Plumbing Services. AAA AUGER is available to help any time, day or night, including weekends and holidays.
AAA AUGER knows about cold weather. And guess what? It’s the time to start preparing for it. Winterizing your house can be the best way to prevent pipes from bursting, and the best part is that it’s simple. Follow these tips to prepare for the bitter cold weather and to prevent plumbing emergencies.
• Insulate any exposed pipes in attics and crawl spaces, as these are the most prone to freeze.
• Disconnect outside water hoses, drain them, and roll them up.
• Insulate the outside hosebibs or let them drip during a freeze.
• Keep your house heated and open cabinets to allow heat to reach the pipes underneath the sink.
• If you go on vacation, leave the heat on, set to at least 55 degrees Fahrenheit.
• Locate your water main in the event you need to shut it off.
We’d like to hear from you. What winterizing tips can you add to the list?